Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Suren 2e4
My reflection on Miss Ee Von Mak

Sec 1
At first in sec 1, I thought Miss mak was a good teacher, and a good person. In fact, she was, until the day one of the boys in my class forgot to bring his homework the second time in a row. From then on, it got worse; she picked on pupils for lame reasons. She showed favoritism. I was one of the victims. She would scold those she despises for stupid reasons while her favorites get away with it. In semester 1, I was easily influenced. I had followed this guy to fill a classmate’s pencil case with glue. I got punished for that, I deserved it. I stopped picking on that classmate. I had been constantly forgetting to do my work. So she was very harsh with me for while after that, even after I made an attempt to change. She found more reasons to pick on me and made me waste my time redoing homework 3-15 times. In term 4 some pupils had bullied that classmate I had mentioned just now, and she brought back the incident that happened in term 1 and gave me a pink form. She had turned a lot of teachers against me too, even my cca teacher! She called me aggressive. There was an incident when I was sitting with 2 people before my test. We watched as a classmate had forced the cupboard door close when everything was about to fall out. So I had joked about a person opening it and everything falling on that person. They decided to use a guy named Wilson in our class. I didn’t want to be involved so I went to alert Wilson and went to study with my friends. It ended with Wilson getting so angry he hit himself with his metal water bottle and cried. Miss mak came in and asked the class who was responsible for it. She called out the 2 students. Then she asked if there were others and one of the 2 students said my name. I stood up and she asked us 1 by 1 what we did. I told her I was innocent. She refused to believe me despite the students I was studying with telling her what I had been doing. She was scolding me and throwing markers at me. I couldn’t help laughing as she was coming up with lame jokes and her aiming was bad, she had thrown a marker in between my fingers and the people behind her were laughing too. She asked the 3 of us to stay back after the test. She called us stooges. We had stayed back and she mainly scolded me as I stood up for myself by telling her that I was being wrongfully accused. Even the other 2 students said that they had made a mistake in mentioning my name. But she refused to give up and she called me retarded as I laughed when she was scolding me. Then she lied to my mother by telling her that I had done it and told her none of the things I had told her. My parents wanted me to transfer school but I refused as I did not want to leave my friends just because of an unreasonable teacher. I had topped my school for the math competition, and she didn’t even praise me. Instead she called me lucky.


Sec 2
In sec 2, she promised her students that they would be given a chance to start anew. On that day, 10 students did not bring their report books. She gave them a chance and gave them 1 more day. However, she did not let 2 boys who she had picked on last year do so. She had forced them to get it on that day itself. So much for starting anew… I had not forgotten any of my homework or done anything bad for a month. But she had found a new reason to punish me, my untidiness in my work. I admit my work was untidy but I had been making an effort to improve on it. She wasted all of our precious time by nagging at the whole class even though only 7 students were guilty of not passing up their heymath thing. She had wasted 2 whole periods. And other times she had done so too. She also held the innocent pupils for recess. Even first timers were severely punished. She had held back one of the pupils and scolded her. She had called her blind and deaf. I think she is overstepping her boundaries. She called us all dumb because we did badly for a math test. How can she even say such a thing about her students? She also picked on the girls for their short skirts… it wasn’t even that short! She called 1 of the girls retarded and stupid and also said she will fail and go to normal academic. That’s not very encouraging in my opinion. She even threw away books that were under the table without warning. I think she should have told the class that they should bring the books home or they would be thrown away instead of doing it straight away. She even threw away books that we were allowed to keep in the cupboard. And she had also thrown away thing that we had worked very hard on for class purposes. When I informed her that the reason we keep it in class is because it was too heavy to bring home everyday. She told me that is was all excuses and took no notice of what I said. Today she lied to the discipline mistress just to get her on her side. When one of the girls in my class told her about the names she had been calling her, she lied and denied. Our hatred towards her had caused us to do hate the subject. And thus, do badly.

nice? i loved it.. i cant wait till she reads it. her teaching is good... but she rarely eveer teaches as shes constantly nagging at the class. During lit i did sth very dumb.. sorry ppl.. wooohoo rebel against mak..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home